17 August 2015

Make Up For Ever Aqua Rouge First Impression Review

Hi everyone! I made a post a couple of days on a Make Up For Ever foundation I bought as Debenhams now stock it in the UK and when I bought it I saw this MUFE lip product that I thought looked really interesting and it is called the Aqua Rouge waterproof liquid lip colour. I'm really into liquid lipsticks right now, but I'm yet to find a brand that makes one that I really love (still forever waiting to be able to buy Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lipsticks in the UK). Aqua Rouge is said to be 'long lasting, doesn't bleed and leaves no trace'. I thought they looked cool because it comes with the lip colour on one side of the product and on the other side there is a gloss which provides a lacquer finish. I was so stuck on colours to choose as none jumped out at me so I got the shade 18 coral as coral is usually one of my go to colours.




You get 5ml of the liquid lip colour which I think will last a while as a little goes a long way with this product, you really don't need to put a lot on at all.


I swatched the gloss on the left of the liquid lip colour, you can see how transparent it is. To be honest I had really high hopes for this product however when I tried it the colour wasn't for me at all. I liked the feel of it and how pigmented it was but it was far too bright, basically neon. Not saying it isn't a nice colour but I prefer a less bright lip so it would be great for anyone who loves bold lips. I can definitely vouch for it being long wearing though because I took it off after I tried it on my lips and literally couldn't get it off I had to scrub and even once I managed to remove it my lips were tinted pink so if you want a long wearing lip product this is definitely for you! I was a bit disappointed because at £19 it is pricey so when you get something and don't really like it when it was expensive it definitely sucks! The struggles of buying online though! I actually looked at loads of swatches of this and it looked no where near as bright so I don't know if it just shows up neon on my skin tone but never mind! I can definitely say I would try this product again as I liked the formula, this particular colour just wasn't for me, anyone who likes a bold lip though it would be great for. Let me know in the comments if you've tried this product and also any shade recommendations if you have!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lauren Ashleigh | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig