18 March 2016

The Body Shop Drops Of Youth Bouncy Sleeping Mask

Hi everyone! Honestly so excited to write this post, absolutely love buying things I've had my eyes on for ages and sharing my thoughts on them with you! I've basically been on a mission this year to improve my skin because it's so problematic, I don't suffer with acne or anything like that but it honestly is so dull and dry and tired looking that I was finally like "I need to do something about this" so I've been trying out a few different products and a few different skincare routines and I've finally found one that I love! I saw The Body Shop's Bouncy Sleeping Mask from their Drops Of Youth range in one of Zoella's favourites videos and instantly I really wanted it, it looked so fascinating however I was put off by the price. I was just unwilling to spend £24 on a face product (sounds daft when I was previously using a Kiehl's moisturiser) however on my birthday I got sent a £5 voucher for The Body Shop since I'm a member there so I finally caved this month, £19 is still a lot don't get me wrong but I wanted to use my voucher somehow plus I've been desperate to try this product for ages!


This is a mask designed to be left on overnight and it claims to have a youth-enhancing formula for bouncier looking skin, a unique bouncy memory shape texture and is enriched with Edelweiss stem cells. I'm not really that fussed about anti-aging products at the minute, I'm more concentrating on getting a nicer skin texture however I love the thought of my skin looking bouncy and youthful so the description had me sold! I was really reluctant to spend £24 on this however you really get value for money, there is 90ml of product but you only need to use the tiniest amount so I already know this will last me ages.



The texture is definitely one of the most interesting things about this, it is very thick in the pot and it kind of does have a memory foam like feel, if you press your finger onto it, rather than completely sinking in it just leaves a little dent and then it returns back to normal, you get a spatula with this to scoop product out so you don't have to try and shovel it out with your finger. Thankfully though it doesn't feel heavy or thick on the skin at all, I know it's for wearing during the night but I really hate feeling like I have a heavy mask on when I want to go to sleep.

I can honestly say that I have fallen in love with this! I thought I'd like it anyway because it was really cool but finally I have started to notice a difference in my skin after using this. When I apply it my skin feels so refreshed and cooled down instantly but the biggest thing is that when I wake up my skin really does look bouncier and more glowy, it sounds so ridiculous to say your skin looks bouncy but if you try it you'll get what I mean! I feel like finally makeup is starting to sit nicer on my skin, and it really does look more youthful. Another thing I love about this is that it smells so gorgeous! It's a scent I really can't describe, you'd have to just smell it to see so that's another bonus. I'm just so happy I've finally found a product where I can wake up in the morning and see a visible difference and I haven't even been using it that long. In terms of tackling my dry skin it definitely does help, my dry patches are basically non-existent now and my skin just feels so much more supple and refreshed. I can't really comment on how it would work on those with oily skin but if you are normal to dry then you would definitely love this. So glad I splurged and bought this because I'm so in love with it, it's definitely my favourite skin care product at the moment, let me know in the comments if you've tried this and what you think!
SHARE:

42 comments

  1. I am always on the lookout for hydrating creams and this one looks really good. I really enjoyed reading the post and I totally relate with you! I don't like splurging on high end products a lot x

    Lubna

    themisslubna.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither not when it comes to skincare but this is worth it!x

      Delete
  2. My skin feels tired and dull during the winter and I would love to find a product that refreshes and gives a nice glow to it. I might try this one, thanks for the review.

    Pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com.cy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds amazing for those who have dry and mature skin!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good, completely changes the texture I think!x

      Delete
  4. Might actually try this! x
    Morgan | www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh this sounds lovely. There seems to be a big trend for sleep mask skincare products at the moment.

    Tiffany Tales – A British Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them because they're so convenient!x

      Delete
  6. This product received amazing reviews and is on my list to purchase! I have two overnight sleeping mask to finish and I'm planning to pick this up once I'm done with both.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read so many positive reviews of this & it sounds right up my street! I'll buy it when I finish one of my current masks xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've tried a previous version but this one sounds much better! I feel like my base never goes on right at the moment. I wonder if you could get this with their 40% off or it might exclude this range :)

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My base has improved so much since I've started using this, so nice to finally see a change!x

      Delete
  9. This sounds amazing, I need some form of over night treatment for my face as it is always so dry when I wake up! Another product to my wish list

    Lauren x | www.laurenapowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have normal to dry skin and since Body Shop is easy to find in my town, would love to try it soon! Thank you for sharing :)

    xoxo,

    |CHELSHEAFLO|

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow it sounds so unique! I definitely need to give it a try as I love the Body Shop xx

    Gemma ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm actually pretty lazy when it comes to skincare so whenever I see something I can just slap on before bed I'm like SIGN ME UP!!! I suffer from dry skin to and was pretty disappointed with the Origins overnight sleep mask (the name slips my mind right now but it comes in a green tube?). Will defffo be giving this a try next time I'm at The Body Shop!

    Sinéad ♥ fabuleuse, toujours ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too I'm really lazy so anything I can just apply and sleep in is great for me!xx

      Delete
  13. Oooh I'm loving the sound of this! If it will leave my skin, "supple and refreshed" then YESSSS!! Must have! :)

    xoxo
    Regina
    http://mybeautymusings.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds great and the texture sounds amazing! I want to touch it now haha!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so fascinated by it for ages haha!x

      Delete
  15. I'm loving this at the moment too - it just makes my skin look so nice and healthy overnight! :) xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too it's so nice to see a noticeable change!xx

      Delete
  16. This creams sounds great. I would keep this in mind. I am your new follower on Bloglovin. Would you like to follow me too :)
    www.ambiinwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds great. I dont really like to use night creams though. But I've heard they are really good.

    www.theglossychic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first time I've used one on a regular basis and I love it!x

      Delete
  18. I'm the same as you, the price would put me off but I'm definitely curious and the bodyshop do such great products generally!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth the money I'm happy to say!x

      Delete
  19. I have wanted to try this moisturiser since it came out, I am just a bite worried that it will make my skin break out. It looks like the perfect consistency. Thanks for sharing. <3

    The Dazzle Guide

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had no problems with breakouts since I've used it, you should try it!x

      Delete
  20. Oh I'd love to try this. It looks like such an amazing treat for the skin!
    The Rad Wife

    ReplyDelete
  21. I know I'd wanted it for ages as well, definitely worth it!x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have bee testing out the cream from this series and have a review coming up soon :) Glad this particular product worked for you, lovely. I absolutely love this collection & now you got me super interested in getting the bouncy mask ;)
    xox Nadia
    💗 www.mielandmint.com

    ReplyDelete

© Lauren Ashleigh | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig