8 March 2016

NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams VS Collection Cream Puff Lip Creams

Hi everyone! Now that March has rolled around and Spring is upon us I've been getting a lot more into lip products, I know it sounds daft but when it's freezing cold in Winter I can never be bothered to put anything on my lips apart from lip balm because I need as much moisture as possible! However when the weather starts to change (it's still really cold in the North East don't get me wrong) I love going through my collection of lip products and wearing some old favourites again. I've seen the Collection Cream Puff Lip Creams being said to be dupe for the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams for ages, and since I have both I thought I'd do a little post on my thoughts as I've been reaching for both these products a bit more recently. 


I just want to point out that I'm really not a liquid lipstick person, I've tried them and they just aren't for me, however I absolutely love lip creams like these, they aren't drying and they apply really well but I think you still get the pigmentation of a liquid lipstick without them being too matte. So if you're like me then I'd definitely recommend both of these products as an alternative to a full on liquid lipstick.

There are so many ways in which these products are really similar to each other, packaging wise they are basically the same, I actually think I prefer the packaging on the Collection product because I like the cute little illustration and the font, that sounds so daft but I just think it's cute! Another way they are really similar is the scent, both have the same very sweet vanilla scent. I personally love the scent but for those of you who aren't too keen on heavily scented products you might not like it, however once applied on the lips I don't think you can smell it at all. The NYX product however is 8ml compared to the Collection product being 5ml but I think this is reflected in the price anyway. The Collection Cream Puff Lip Creams are priced at £2.99 from Boots which is so good, I think it's such an affordable product considering the quality is also really good. I think these are actually up there with my favourite drug store products, the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams are £5.50 from Boots so it's also a really affordable product. I never really like to say that the Collection lip creams are a dupe for the NYX lip creams as they are both so similar in price, both good quality and very affordable, so I don't necessarily think that the NYX products require a dupe if that makes sense? 


NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams: Antwerp, Stockholm, Athens


Collection Cream Puff Lip Creams: Fairy Cake, Cotton Candy

In terms of formula again I think they are both very similar, they both aren't drying on the lips and they apply really easily, I love the mousse like formula because I think when products like these are too thin they can be really messy and hard to apply. The main difference I think is that the NYX lip creams are slightly more pigmented, and require a bit less product whereas you need to apply a bit more with the Collection lip creams. I also think the NYX lip creams have a little bit more staying power. Don't get me wrong though I absolutely love the formulas of both of these and would completely recommend them both! I just think the formula of the NYX lip cream trumps the Collection lip cream a little bit, a big thing for me though is accessibility of the products, it's so easy for me to go out to my local Boots which has a Collection stand and pick up their lip creams, whereas there isn't a NYX anywhere near me so I have to order online, I had to do this for all the shades I own and I can't swatch them beforehand to tell if I really like the shade. I think I'm more likely to repurchase the Collection lip creams because of this as they are so easy for me to get hold of.

An issue I have with the Collection lip creams is the very small shade range, there are only four shades and the other two that I don't have didn't really appeal to me so the two shades that I own are basically all I am ever going to own unless they release more shades which I really hope they do! The NYX lip creams have such a big shade range that there is definitely something for everyone. Out of the shades I own my favourite from the Collection range is Fairy Cake, I absolutely love this for Summer I can't wait to wear this for Summer days out! From the NYX range my favourite is Stockholm, I actually think it is very similar to Velvet Teddy by MAC so anyone who likes this shade would love that one.

I don't necessarily think that one of these products is better than the other, they are both different but similar at the same time and I actually recommend owning both of these because they are so affordable and so good for your makeup bag! The quality of both is so good considering they are drugstore and I'm really glad that I own the two because they are both as good as each other. Let me know in the comments if you've tried either of these products and what you think!
SHARE:

60 comments

  1. Both so affordable which is great! I keep eyeing up the Nyx Ones and I loooovee Antwerp! x

    www.shayholly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The NYX ones are so good, definitely worth trying!x

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, I have fallen so in love with the NYX lip creams but never knew collection had a range, definitely keeping an eye out for these when I head into boots ♥
    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive been lusting over the nyx ones for years now. I really should buy one x

    www.beautylifebecca.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so good! I really want to try the NYX Lip Creams, they sound like they're a great formula, the Antwerp shade is so pretty!

    Millie x | Millie’s Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to get my hands on the nyx ones, but the collection ones sound just as nice! x

    http://luxuryblush.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, I really like them because they're so easy to get hold of!x

      Delete
  6. Really interesting read, especially as NYX is less easily available here in the UK (which I hope changes soon!)

    Sinéad ♥ fabuleuse, toujours ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too I love their products but can never get them unless I buy online!x

      Delete
  7. These both look so good!! I really want to try the NYX ones. I wish they had more stands in Boots stores x

    Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too I don't have one anywhere near me!x

      Delete
  8. I adore the NYX formulas and cannot get enough of them. I must pick up some of the Collection ones next time I'm in Boots to try out x

    Darling Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  9. The packaging of them is so similar! What I love about the collection ones is their scent, it's so nice!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I plan to haul NYX soft matte lip creams soon, I have long been a fan of the range. Shame Collection is not easily available here in Canada, I've read really great reviews on the brand.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good brand and really affordable!x

      Delete
  11. They both look really interesting! Will have a search of the NYX ones as there's more ranges :) both NYX and collection look lovely though!

    Hana | www.hanarosella.blogspot.co.uk ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're both nice but NYX has a far better colour selection!x

      Delete
  12. I really love the NYX lip creams, I literally just published a post on them myself! I am definitely going to purchase the Stockholm and Athens colours because they looks lovely! Great post! <3

    The Dazzle Guide

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stockholm is my favourite it's gorgeous!x

      Delete
  13. I think I'm the only one who doesn't love the Nyx Soft Lip Creams, haha, I'm not a fan of the mousse- like texture but I was super excited to try them. I may pick up the Collection ones to see if I may like them better. x

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're worth trying since they're so cheap!x

      Delete
  14. I love all these colors! I seriously need to get these NYX ones!<3
    Nati
    www.littlemissnati.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the NYX Lip creams and own half of the collection! I didn't know about these Collection lip puffs, I will have to check them out and try them! xo

    http://rachelnicole.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to get more shades I just wish they were easier for me to get hold of!x

      Delete
  16. I haven't been able to try either of these but I've heard the Nyx liquid lipsticks are amazing! I also hate products that are really drying so both of these sounds good, especially at that price.

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're both really good, I'm not for full on drying matte at all!x

      Delete
  17. Every colour look amazing. Considering how cheap they are, I would be stupid to not try them

    Lauren x | www.laurenapowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're definitely worth trying since they're so cheap!x

      Delete
  18. I have one of each of these and I love the formulations! I don't wear them that much but I'm not a fan of liquid lipsticks either and these are a great alternative! Love he colours you have!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I would choose them over a liquid lipstick any day!x

      Delete
  19. such nice colours :) definitely have to check them out :)

    x Lilli | www.LilliFerreira.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. The colors are so gorgeous, NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams Stockholm is my fave.

    Lily Widjaja
    www.Glowlicious.Me | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stockholm is my favourite as well it's gorgeous!x

      Delete
  21. Ooh the swatches are all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You can definitely see that the NYX ones are much more pigmented and the one thing that put me off the collection ones was the range of shades available (not a lot at all). Either way though they are both fab options :) x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they really should bring out more shades!x

      Delete
  23. I do think they're fairly similar actually but the NYX wins for me because of all the amazing shades! xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love NYX products! You can't go wrong with them!

    Darriyan x | http://darriyancateland.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too I just wish they were easier for me to get hold of!x

      Delete
  25. Such gorgeous colours! I really want to try the NYX lip creams, Stockholm looks like a lovely shade! xo

    ohhelloitshannah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stockholm is my favourite it's gorgeous!x

      Delete
  26. These colours look lovely! I love the natural shades showcased here. Really pretty and perfect for Spring!

    Laura xo www.shehearts.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they definitely are lovely Spring shades!x

      Delete
  27. The colours are so beautiful. I'm always tempted by a matte shade.

    Tiffany Tales – A British Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them because they aren't so matte they're drying!x

      Delete
  28. I've been umming and ahhing over wanting to try the Nyx soft matte lip creams so it's great to hear your thoughts on them!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're lovely you should definitely get them!x

      Delete
  29. I think both are fantastic too, it's ages since I tried the Collection ones but I loved them at the time so must pick up another one!

    Makeup Monster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Collection ones are surprisingly good!x

      Delete
  30. I love both formulas as they're so pigmented!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. They both look great and the fact that they are so affordable is amazing! I've never tried any of them before but since we have NYX counters here in Vienna, I might go and have a look because they seem very interesting :)

    Olivia xx | http://livialinette.blogspot.co.at/

    ReplyDelete

© Lauren Ashleigh | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig