26 March 2016

Spring Makeup

Hi everyone! I can't believe Spring is finally here, honestly feel like I've been living in an eternal Winter it seems to have gone on for that long! We've had a few nice days in the North East since Spring officially started, but I'm waiting for the weather to fully catch up because it's still pretty dull, however now that Spring is here I feel so excited that I can finally change up my makeup. In Winter I'm so cold and tired that I don't really put any effort in at all, to be honest I just go for makeup that does the job, typically more matte and long-wearing looks because I've had a lot of long days at uni and work but now that Spring is here and I will be doing lots more fun things and wanting that kind of Spring look so I've totally changed up my makeup products and I thought I'd share a few of my favourite things!


- Bourjois City Radiance foundation (£9.99). I'm definitely all about glowy skin in Spring/Summer, it's by far my favourite base so as soon as I was done with the cold weather and just wanting foundation that stayed on all day I definitely wanted to go for a nice light coverage glowy foundation. I think I go for light coverage a lot more around this time of year because my skin definitely does improve, in Winter my skin is just a mess plus I've upped my skincare routine so I feel like now I am a bit happier with my skin and can go for lighter coverage. I really love this Bourjois foundation, it gives such a lovely glow and you look so healthy when you wear it, I reviewed it this month so if you want to read more about it then have a look here.

- Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer (£5.49). Again I'm a bit happier with my skin now and I tend to get a lot less spots, plus I feel so much more awake because of the light mornings so my under eye circles are no where near as bag so I tend to go for a more creamy lightweight concealer and I love this Rimmel one. It's not really heavy duty but I like that because I've got less to cover up and I really want to stay away from any cakiness! 

- Too Faced Hangover primer (£27). This primer definitely isn't cheap but I'm so obsessed with it! It's just a really lovely lightweight moisturising primer that wakes up dull skin and gives me the glowy base that I'm after. Plus it has the nicest coconut scent ever that is so refreshing and the packaging is so cute! There will definitely be cheaper alternatives to this, but this is definitely my favourite moisturising primer.

- Benefit Roller Lash mascara (£19.50). In Spring I really like to have a nice natural makeup look and I really love Roller Lash for nice fluttery eye lashes, I don't really like clumpy mascaras anytime of the year so I will usually avoid however I think this is extra light and fluttery so I will particularly use this in Spring. I just really wish it was cheaper because I can't bear the thought of an expensive repurchase just for a mascara so I'll just have to grin and bear it!

- Maybelline 40 Pink Amber blush (£4.49). I seriously am obsessed with this shade I feel like it's the perfect light pink for Spring! All my blushes are a bit of a brighter pink so I was recently on the hunt for something a bit more pastel and muted and I found this one at the Maybelline counter at my local Boots and fell in love with it! You can see it swatched below, only thing is I can't find this on the Boots website at all for some reason so if you are interested you might have to go into Boots and try and find it.

- Topshop Glow highlighter in Gleam (£9). I'm far more into my cream products in Spring while the weather isn't too warm so they don't melt off everywhere but also so you can still get the really glowy look that I go for and I am so in love with the Topshop highlighters! I've got mine in the shade Gleam which is a very golden highlighter, in the swatch it looks really intense and more of a summer highlight but if don't apply too much you get such a pretty glow without it being too full on! I actually really want to try more Topshop makeup products, so if you've got any recommendations please let me know in the comments.

- Maybelline Color Tattoo cream eye shadow in Pink Gold (£4.99). Another cream product that I really love for Spring, I am so in love with this colour it's honestly the nicest rose gold shade ever! I really love light pinks in Spring so for me this is perfect and I think they're so easy to apply, I just apply to the lid and blend out with a crease colour. It's honestly so pretty, I really want to try more of these because I only own this shade so I will definitely have to pick some more up soon.

- MAC Cremesheen lipstick in Creme Cup (£15.50). This is definitely one of my favourite MAC lipsticks and another pink that is so perfect for Spring, it is such a pretty pinky nude. I really love moisturising lipsticks for Spring, I will hardly ever wear a matte lipstick at this time of year and the formula for this one is so nice. If you don't own a lot of MAC lipsticks this in my opinion is definitely one of the staples that you should get first!

- Rimmel Lasting Finish lipstick by Kate Moss in 38 (£5.49). I thought I'd do two lipsticks one high end and one drugstore, both which I think are perfect for this time of year. This is the only Rimmel lipstick I actually own but it's such a gorgeous pink shade and again another moisturising formula which I love. 


Left to right: Rimmel lipstick in 38, Maybelline blush in 40 Pink Amber, Topshop Glow highlighter in Gleam, Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pink Gold, MAC Creme Cup

You can definitely tell I love glowy skin and pastel pinks in Spring, not the most adventurous look ever but it's definitely my go to and these are some of my favourite products to achieve it! I actually had a really stereotypical Spring day yesterday, the weather was lovely so I went with my boyfriend to this place we love called Hall Hill Farm where you get to see all the farm animals and most of them have just had babies so they're all so cute! Days like that make me so excited to be able to actually do fun things outside and not freeze so I'm really hoping for nicer weather soon! Let me know in the comments if you've tried any of these products and what you think!
SHARE:

47 comments

  1. Those lipsticks look gorgeous! Really want to smell the Too Faced primer it sounds lovely!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them both they're such pretty shades!x

      Delete
  2. I'm super excited about spring, also! Not a fan of winter, haha. Absolutely loving your spring makeup picks - I'm glad you decided to include the swatches - that TopShop highlighter looks absolutely amazing - I've heard fab things about their makeup range, but never tried it! Thanks for sharing. x

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither I'm so done with horrible cold weather now, I know I really want to try some more of their products!x

      Delete
  3. I now need to try the Too Faced Hangover Primer, I am desperate for a moisturising primer

    Lauren x | www.laurenapowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely colours you chose! We are so ready for spring!!! :)

    Pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com.cy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely makeup choices creme cup looks so nice I'm after a new Mac lipstick xoxo
    http://katecloset.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that TF primer! That blush looks right up my street so I'll keep my eye out for it! xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
  7. In love with your page girl. Would love to connect with you, check out my blog!
    Kisses xo | From Aliona With Love

    Instagram @alionawithlove
    Twitter @alionawithlove

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Hangover primer has had so many amazing reviews I really need to try and I love the sound of the Topshop Glow pot! xo

    http://www.samanthasbeautyloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the delicate blush and pinks! perfect for spring

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're definitely my favourite Spring shades!x

      Delete
  10. Your whole intro-I feel you! That topshop glow highlight is incredible!!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many lovely products here. It sound's like it makes such a great look for Spring! I really want to try that foundation, since reading your review post and how in love I am with the packaging xx

    Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely one to pick up and it's really affordable!xx

      Delete
  12. MAC Creme Cup is my absolute favourite lipstick, it's such a gorgeous shade! xx

    Gemma ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these picks! I have the check out that Maybelline blush, it's such a pretty color.

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore Color tattoo and I'm actually wearing it now! Such rich, velvety colours and a great range of shades! Can't go wrong with a MAC lipstick either.

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to pick up some more of them they're so nice!x

      Delete
  15. I am so undecided about which highlighter to use but this Topshop one looks so nice, I love Topshop lipsticks so I may have to give this a go. I have the Maybellene colour tattoo in so many colours, I love them. I really like your little collection here!

    Cultivation of Jasmin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good you should try it, I really want to buy more of the Color Tattoos they're so nice!x

      Delete
  16. I need to get my hands on Too Faced Hangover Primer, anything that gives a wake up and blowy look and base is welcome by me! I adore Maybelline Colour Tattoo and have been recently using Bad to the Bronze a lot.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get some more shades I love them!x

      Delete
  17. I love this kind of light & pink makeup look for spring, it's just so pretty! That Topshop highlighter shade is so stunning and MAC Creme Cup is also one of my favourites x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too they're my favourite shades for Spring by far!x

      Delete
  18. Ahh SO many products here that I've been wanting to try for a while - Too Faced's primer is definitely top of the list! I also have Creme Cup and you're right, it's the perfect shade for spring... time to dig mine out I think :)

    Claire | Stylingo.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I always forget about it then try it again and fall back in love!x

      Delete
  19. I'm loving Topshop Gleam at the moment too! It's just that perfect dewy Spring highlight :) xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  20. I need to explore Topshop makeup! xxx

    hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try some more of their products since I love this one!xxx

      Delete
  21. Ooh great picks for Spring Make-up! I really want to try the Too Faced primer and also the Topshop glow! xo

    http://rachelnicole.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely bits & pieces for a perfect spring makeup, girlie. Luv Too Faced primer & those lippy shades are so lush!
    I was actually thinking of getting Maybelline Color Tattoo (I have never tried them, can you imagine lol) so it's great you included and recommended one perfect for spring. Lovely post <3
    xox Nadia
    💗 http://www.mielandmint.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Maybelline products are lovely I really want to get some more Color Tattoos in different shades, thank you!xxx

      Delete
  23. That too faced primer is the BEST!! I bought it on a total whim and I'm so glad I did because I use it every. single. day. - we're just heading into winter in Australia but I still use it even under my matte foundations just to hydrate my skin and give me a slight glow - and Mac creme cup was my wedding lipstick - SUCH a pretty shade - I tried at least fifteen lipsticks for my big day before I found this one! xx

    ReplyDelete

© Lauren Ashleigh | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig