16 March 2016

Bourjois City Radiance Foundation

Hi everyone! It's honestly been far too long since I posted a foundation review I absolutely love doing them because I'm foundation obsessed! I was working my way through my little stockpile though and started to come to the end of most of my favourites, and to be honest, I'm a bit of a foundation snob. I really shouldn't be but I will always go for higher end foundations however when you run out of all your favourites basically at the same time, I do not have the funds to be repurchasing all of them! So I set out to find some drugstore foundations that I liked so repurchasing didn't completely wipe out my bank account and a lot of reviews led me to Bourjois foundations. I actually bought the Healthy Mix Serum not that long ago and liked that but it was just okay for me, I did like it but it didn't blow me away. Then I saw Bourjois had released a new foundation, their City Radiance foundation and after reading a few reviews I thought I'd give it a go.


I bought it for £9.99 from Boots which I think is such a good price and mine is in the shade 02 Vanilla. I am the same shade in the Healthy Mix Serum so I picked that one and I think it's the perfect shade for me so if you're stuck and have tried a Bourjois foundation before I'd just go for a shade similar to the one you have already tried. The big downside of this foundation is that it only has six shades which isn't ideal if you struggle to find a shade match for you anyway. 

The product claims to be a skin protecting foundation with a brightening effect to leave a fresh and even complexion. It has an anti-pollution screen, SPF30 which is very high so great for summer although I will definitely not be wearing it for a night out as the flashback would not be good, and radiance boosting pigments. The description kind of sells itself to me, I'm always more likely to opt for a radiant glowy finish and it's actually been a while since I wore a foundation like this so it was lovely to wear it and have that finish again.


The packaging is pretty typical Bourjois, very feminine and girly. It comes in a squeezy bottle with 30ml of product, it isn't the most luxurious packaging however I love these squeeze bottles because they are so much more practical than a pump foundation and far better for travelling, so I would definitely reach for this if I needed to fit some products in my make up bag to travel. Also I just feel like you are able to use every last drop of product with this packaging, so it's definitely a winner for me despite not being the most luxurious!


The formula is kind of like a gel, I am a bit wary of foundations that are gel though because I think they can often go cakey, but this one isn't full on gel and it blends so nicely! It gives a light to medium coverage but I was able to build it up a bit on areas where I need more coverage, however it doesn't cover blemishes that well so I need to use concealer when I wear this. The radiant finish description is definitely accurate! I have dry skin, however I've kind of upped my skincare routine a bit so I am actually getting a little oily on my cheeks and nose throughout the day so I will set these areas with powder when I wear this but I will never set my full face. I've seen a lot of comments comparing this to Nars Sheer Glow and I can definitely see that however I feel like this foundation is a tiny bit heavier than Nars Sheer Glow. I don't think though that you feel like you are wearing make up which is a bonus.

The wear of this is surprisingly good as well, even though you have the glowy finish it doesn't rub off or move around straight away so you can get a fairly decent wear out of this. The thing I love the most about this product is just how healthy and fresh your skin looks when you use it, I get scared that I will look too shiny with products like these but I don't find that with this at all, I do get a touch shiny on the areas where I can get oily like my nose but once I set it with powder it's absolutely fine. To be honest I was actually surprised at how much I love this! I've been reaching for it everyday since I bought it and now that Spring is rolling around I think it's perfect for this time of year. For £9.99 as well it's definitely steered me away from the thought that I will only like high end foundations, I mentioned before that I've also got the Healthy Mix Serum however I prefer the City Radiance foundation by far so I would definitely suggest trying it! Let me know in the comments if you have tried this product and what you think!
SHARE:

39 comments

  1. I lovee the Healthy Mix and wear it everyday so if this one is better I might die!! Must try it! x

    www.shayholly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bourjois foundations always get such great reviews! I have tried the Healthy Mix before and it didn't work for me, as I have really oily skin. :( x I haven't tried this one, though, and I'm tempted to give a shot! Thank you for your fab review. x x

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it, works lovely with a powder on my face where I get oily!xx

      Delete
  3. Oh wow it sounds like a really impressive foundation! I love Bourjois xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I think I'm going to try this! It looks amazing! I also love that pink makeup bag in the background - so pretty! Xx
    http://www.itsjessiejane.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds great! Will keep it in mind! xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bourjois always does nice bases ! I will definitely pick this up x

    Lubna

    themisslubna.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab review, I'll picking this up next time I'm doing a makeup shop as I've been after something with a high SPF for summer! x

    Always, Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a perfect spring/summer foundation!x

      Delete
  8. Such a beautiful post,dear!
    Do you want to support each other by following on GFC? If you'd like that, please follow me on the both of my blogs and I'll follow you back ASAP when you write me a comments on the newest posts. xx :) <3

    Vildana from :

    Vildana from :
    http://living-like-v.blogspot.ba/2016/03/spring-fever-poly-power.html
    http://staliaisbae.blogspot.ba/2016/03/you-are-song-of-my-heart.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks great, especially for spring/summer time! X

    http://bassethoundsandbronzer.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely going to be my go to when it gets warmer!x

      Delete
  10. I've never heard of this foundation before but it sounds great, the only downside is that I usually like quite full coverage but I think I will give it a go for good skin days :)

    Lauren x | www.laurenapowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My skin is much better recently so I've been reaching for this so much!x

      Delete
  11. This is such a great review! I don't think it's for me as I love full coverage foundations but it's great you've found something that doesn't break the bank that you still like!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks like such a great product! I love the healthy mix foundation, so I can see myself enjoying this one too. Will have to give it a go when I can :) sounds like a great summer go to base product xx

    Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like Healthy Mix I definitely recommend trying this, so good for when it gets warmer!xx

      Delete
  13. I recently bought the concealer from this range which I love, but would be eager to try the foundation next. Love that it has SPF and a glowing finish x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was unsure on the concealer I wanted to try this first but since I like it I definitely want to pick the concealer up next time!x

      Delete
  14. I love foundations with a glowy finish, this sounds really nice! Pity that I can't find Bourjois products in the US.

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too glowy finishes are my favourite!x

      Delete
  15. I love how this is so glowly - I have dry skin so anything glowy just sounds amazing to me!
    Aleeha xXx
    www.halesaaw.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliant review, I've never tried a Bourjois foundation but it looks and sounds better than what I would've expected! I love the glowy finish, although probably best to stay away from on a night out haha

    Will definitely look into giving this a try, thanks for sharing

    What Raj Wants

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know it will be so good for during the day when the weather gets warmer!x

      Delete
  17. I love foundations with a glowu finish! Thank you for the lovely review!

    Darriyan x | www.darriyancateland.blogspot.co.uk

    p.s: I have just nominated you for the liebster award over on my blog! Check it out xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a great review :) I've never tried a foundation from Bourjois but this one sounds fab, especially for this time of year, as you said, for that gorgeous glowy skin everyone wants! xo

    ohhelloitshannah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good I'd definitely recommend it!xx

      Delete
  19. I'm not really a fan of foundations which come in tubes like this as they're always light to medium coverage which is not for my at all, like you said. Great review though!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm looking for a new not-too-expensive foundation and this sounds exactly like what I'm after! I do struggle to match shades to my skin tone though so we'll have to see how that works out haha. I love your review of this, so comprehensive :)
    Hannah xx
    www.hannahemilylane.com

    ReplyDelete

© Lauren Ashleigh | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig