28 April 2015

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation First Impressions & Review

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't posted in a while I've been so swamped with uni work but I thought I'd do a post on the new foundation I got while I was in London last weekend. I had ran out of my Estee Lauder Double Wear and I was so torn over whether to get another long wearing foundation as I think they're good to have and at the same time I thought I've got dry skin I may as well get one that is going to make me feel better long wearing or not! I went to Selfridges in London (the makeup hall is literally heaven) and at first I was thinking about getting the new Nars long wearing foundation but I had heard so many amazing things about the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation I just forgot about the whole long wearing thing and went for something to suit my dry skin!


I got colour matched while I was there because I feel like my skin tone is a nightmare to find a perfect match (pale but not at the same time if you get me?) and the shop assistant working there matched me to the shade 5. I didn't have the chance to try it until the next day but when I did I definitely agree with everything the website claims it to be!

First of all it comes with a pump (!!!) I feel like a high end foundation with a pump these days is sho hard to come by, it bothers me so much because you're already spending enough so you should at least get a pump! It's described as having a weightless silky texture which I agree with, it is better for people with dry skin I'd say however it still isn't full on dewy. I actually thought it would be a lot more dewy than it was, I'd say it was 70% dewy and 30%  matte, but it still gives off the luminous glow that it describes. The silk description is dead on, once applied if you run your fingers over it it does feel so silky, which to be normally makes my skin feel dry but it doesn't it's so strange the finish it gives but I love it! It is quite a runny foundation, I knew this before I applied it because the woman at the counter told me always shake it before use similar to Vitalumiere Aqua, but I always prefer a more watery foundation anyway.


Coverage is definitely light to medium, very buildable I put on another pump on areas that I needed more coverage and whilst it doesn't cover everything, for example concealer is still needed on blemishes it isn't sheer. It does have a slight scent, quite hard to describe but I always prefer this in foundations anyway but it isn't full on so for anyone who doesn't like scented products I still don't think you will be too bothered about this. 

So for anyone looking for a glowy foundation that isn't full on dewy I would definitely recommend this! Also for anyone who has to deal with dry skin like me you won't have any issues with this, obviously this is a really pricey foundation at £36.50, that's why I was so undecided but it does do what it describes and if you are after a nice luxurious foundation then this could be for you. However I do think if it is out of your price range you shouldn't spend ages saving up for it because it isn't a miracle worker and I think you could find something a bit cheaper that has a similar effect. This was a treat for me however and I do think it is worth the money so if you are interested in this I hope this post helped you out! 

Thank you for reading and I will be posting much more frequently very soon! Let me know what your thoughts are on this foundation in the comments!xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lauren Ashleigh | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig