13 January 2016

January Glossybox

Hi everyone! Today's post is a little different for me because it's my first Glossybox! I signed up in December because I'd been wanting to try a subscription box for a while now but I couldn't really find one that I liked that was also good value. I really wanted the Cohorted one but I could never justify £35 a month on a subscription box, so I went for Glossybox which is really popular and only £10 plus p+p so I thought why not. I absolutely love surprises so for me it's like getting a present every month and I also wanted to branch out and try new brands so I thought this would be a really good way to do so. I actually did receive a starter kit box in December but I wanted to wait until I got my first monthly box before I did a post on it.


"Usually January is about giving something up: this year we didn't want to think about what we shouldn't do, but what we should. That's why Glossybox is declaring 2016 the year of more."


- Unani Dermo Defense face mask (RRP £11.36). I absolutely love this it's probably my favourite product in the box! It's a really nice light face mask that provides protection, nutrition and hydration whilst removing impurities. You have to apply it once or twice a week, I've already used it and I really like it, it smells amazing and it felt so soothing on the skin. Afterwards my skin just felt so much cleaner and refreshed plus it's great for sensitive skin this is definitely a good one!

- Time Miracle Cellular Repair Serum (RRP full size £38). This is a luxury size sample of this product and you do get a lot so I'm not bothered that it's not the full size, I really like this too it's an organic skincare brand called Madara and this serum is supposed to improve the smoothness of the skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Again this one I love, it has a bit of a strong smell that I can't put my finger on what it is, I think some people for love it, for me it's not my favourite mostly because I'm so confused of what it reminds me of! This is really good to use after a toner and I felt like my skin just felt a bit bouncier after use, can't comment on the reduction of fine lines or wrinkles though because I haven't been using it long enough but I do like it so far.

- Teeez Cosmetics Oasis Gem Lipstick in Coral Onyx (RRP £11.93). I've never heard of this brand before so this was an interesting one to get, this lipstick claims to have a satin matte finish and lasts for 8 hours, I do really like the formula it's creamy and pigmented whilst still slightly matte, so it's not too drying. However for me the colour just isn't for January at all, I would have loved to have received this in the summer so it will probably be going back in the makeup bag for now until summer comes around and I want my coral shades (swatches pictured below).

- Glossybox eyeshadow in Glossy Mauve (RRP £7.10). I was really surprised when I saw this as I didn't even know Glossybox made eyeshadows however I was even more surprised at how much I like it! It's a satin finish and the actual colour when I first saw was a bit indifferent as it's never a colour I would normally choose however it's so pretty! (swatches pictured below)

- Nicka K Airbrush FX Blending Sponge (RRP £6.50). I'd been wanting a new blending sponge for a while as I recently had to throw my Real Techniques one out after not taking care of it and letting it get too gross so this was more of a helpful item in the box as it saved me buying a new one, I haven't been able to try it yet so can't comment on the application of it, however I was disappointed when I received this in the box because I actually got the same sponge last month in my starter kit! So I was a bit confused as to why I now had two and wondered if this is a regular thing from Glossybox however I received and email a few days later saying there was an issue with my order and I wasn't supposed to received this product again, so next month they will be putting an extra item in my box which is always nice!




I'm definitely really loving Glossybox so far and I was impressed with the first box, even though they have sent me the same item twice they made up for it my emailing me to let me know I'll get an extra product in next months box. Postage was so quick too which was also a bonus but I'm mostly impressed with the value for money you get, for £10 plus your postage I think is really good and I would definitely recommend this service! Let me know in the comments if you've used any subscription boxes and what your favourite ones are! Also I hope you all are having a lovely January, it really isn't the best month ever, I've actually just handed in 3 assignments over the last two weeks whilst juggling a dissertation so it hasn't been a good start to the year but the stress is over at least for now so that's some consolation!
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. I loooved the Unani Mask too! Definitely my favourite from the box x

    www.shayholly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely it's the best product in there by far!x

      Delete
  2. All of these products sound and look amazing, I'm just not keen on the lip colour!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I felt a bit like that, it's just not the right colour for January at all in my opinion!x

      Delete
  3. These sound great! Lovely photographs too btw
    -Morgs x
    http://justmorgs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't had a subscription box before but this sounds amazing, I would love to have a little surprise every month

    Lauren x | www.laurenapowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so fun not knowing what you're going to get!x

      Delete
  5. I've never subscribed to a beauty box before but I love the Latest in Beauty boxes where you can see what you're buying before you decide to get it! The eyeshadow and lip shade look lovely!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love the eyeshadow colour, it's not something I would pick out at all but I like it a lot!x

      Delete
  6. That shadow is a gorgeous shade! You got some great products in this box!

    She Likes to Shop

    ReplyDelete

© Lauren Ashleigh | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig