1 October 2015

A Day At The Seaside

Hi everyone! I haven't done a lifestyle post in a while and they are probably some of my favourites to read so I thought I'd share with you the really lovely day I had yesterday! Apologies for the photo quality by the way the pictures were taken on my iPhone as I didn't bring my camera with me. Anyway my boyfriend Matty stayed over on Tuesday night and we planned to have a chilled day and just go to the gym on the Wednesday, but I woke up Wednesday morning and could see how nice the weather looked outside and I thought do I really want to waste my day off uni and his day off work going to the gym? I really fancied going to Whitby which is a seaside town in North Yorkshire about an hour away from where I live, so we headed off there!

Considering it was the end of September and it was North Yorkshire where it rains all the time we got so lucky with the weather as it was such a sunny day with that really nice crisp chilly air that you get in Autumn. We got there about half 1 and walked down to the front where everything is and we were so hungry at that point so we got fish and chips from a place called The Magpie Cafe which is a famous fish and chip restaurant that also has a takeaway, we got a takeaway and sat by the sea and it really does live up to it's reputation, if you are in Whitby get fish and chips from there! After that we had a walk down to the pier and then up to the shops and when you're there you have to climb the 199 steps to the top of this hill where you get a lovely view. I did this right after my fish and chips thought with an ice cream in my hand so I was a little bit weighed down but we got there! It really is a gorgeous view when you get a nice day, I definitely think Whitby is underrated so we sat up there for a bit then headed back down to the amusements (it's a must I don't care how old you are). We won three prizes on the 2p machines as well which is a bonus as they are definitely a scam! I also forced Matty to play crazy golf with me as I'm crazy competitive and obsessed with it.






If you live anywhere near here and want to go for a day out I'd definitely recommend it, plus when you get nice weather it's such a gorgeous place and it's filled with amazing food like fish and chips, and loads of sweet shops that do the nicest sweets! Plus lots of amusements and cute little shops, so glad I spent our day off doing something relaxing, let me know in the comments if you've ever been to Whitby!
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Lovely photos! Sounds like you had a great day! I love 2p machines!

    Lauren x | www.laurenapowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know me too, it's so funny how much money you waste on them trying to get a prize!x

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness seaside AND with that incredible view!?!? I am so jealous, it looks magical!
    xoxo
    Brooke|LookBrooke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's such a lovely place I really should go more often considering it's only an hour away!xx

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful place & gorgeous photos, Lauren :) Looks like you had an amazing time. Oh I so know what you mean about mini golf, I am super competitive with my hubs and I did win big time when we played last time ;) The Magpie Cafe sounds lovely!
    xox Nadia
    http://mielandmint.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I should really visit more considering it is so close! Yeah I always have to win at crazy golf, although sometimes I think he lets me win.....x

      Delete
  4. Your pictures are so lovely, you're making us want to go too!

    ISA Professional

    ReplyDelete

© Lauren Ashleigh | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig