25 September 2016

L'Oreal Infallible Sexy Balm

Hi everyone! I know my last post was also on a L'Oreal product however I also have another face mask post coming out soon and I didn't want to do two face mask posts in a row, so I decided on a post centering around the L'Oreal Infallible Sexy Balms. I picked up two of these from Boots, mostly because I'd seen them around online and they sounded like my ideal products! I'm not into matte lips at all, I own hardly any matte products just because the finish really isn't for me. So any creamy lip products are absolutely perfect for me, especially as Autumn is approaching and my lips tend to be a lot more dry around this time of year. 


These are described as a 'moisturising gel balm with a weightless velvet texture and vibrant pigments for a true kick of colour'. What I love about these is that there is also two finishes you can choose from, sheer or bold and they have different colours for each finish. I actually chose two from the sheer selection, just because I really love subtle lip shades, I basically never wear a bold lip shade, for me I just love the 'my lips but better' look so if you're like me then I think you'll love these! There isn't the biggest shade range however which isn't the best, but I feel like with the shades they do offer there is something for everyone. 



One of my issues with this product, and to be honest it's probably the only thing I don't like about it, is the packaging. I feel like it just looks cheap, these are a really affordable product at £4.99 each but I feel like L'Oreal usually has nicer packaging than this, it just doesn't really match the rest of the brand for me. The applicator also isn't my favourite, as you can see it kind of reminds me of a felt tip style applicator kind of like a chubby stick, which just isn't as nice to use as the standard applicator you would find with a regular lipstick. You twist these up from the bottom similar to a lipstick and you actually do get a lot of product so don't be deceived by first impressions! To be honest though I can look past the packaging and the applicator because I absolutely LOVE the formula of these!


102 Gossip, 103 As If

The shades I chose were 102 Gossip and 103 As If, probably the most neutral out of all the shades which is so typical of me but I'm all for playing it safe! The reason I love these so much is because for a product which is essentially a tinted lip balm, for me it performs much more like a lipstick, they remind me of a cremesheen finish lipstick but a lot more balmy and moisturising. For a lip balm the colour pay off is so nice, you can see in the swatch picture that while they are quite sheer they still apply colour really nicely and they look so pretty on the lips. I would say both the shades I got are pinky nudes, with 102 Gossip being a bit lighter and a lot more on the baby pink side but not too light so that it washes you out and 103 As If is slightly more mauvey, definitely a 'my lips but better shade'. If I had to pick a favourite it would probably be 103 As If, but I really do love them both and would recommend either of them to anyone who loves subtle lip shades. In terms of staying power it was kind of what I expected from a lip balm, it lasts really well when just sitting on the lips but doesn't really stand a chance if you're eating or drinking a lot. 

I really think these are going to be one of my go to lip products towards the end of the year, especially as it starts to get colder because these are so moisturising and leave your lips feeling so soft! These really are such pretty shades as well, perfect for anyone who loves neutral lips like me, plus they're so affordable for £4.99 each. Let me know in the comments if you've tried these and what you think!
SHARE:

48 comments

  1. I love my matte lip finish, but they get so drying sometimes. These sound like they'll be great to remedy that! Unlike you, however, I definitely love a bold lip, so I think these'll be great for me if they come in more intense colors.

    MAY | WWW.THEMAYDEN.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they have a few shades in a bold formula that you might like!x

      Delete
  2. These products seems perfect for the upcoming cold weather, I will definitely have to give these a try :)


    Lotte | www.lottebeautybox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would definitely agree with you on the packaging, especially because I KNOW L'Oreal can do so much better! That said, the colours are gorgeous and it's great to hear the formula is so good!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I wish they'd made the packaging nicer!x

      Delete
  4. Lovely shades and great sheen! The only thing is they'd probably be too sheer for me, as my lips are naturally quite pigmented, but I'd be interested in checking out other colours in the range. I would also agree about the packaging - not up to l'Oreal's usual standards! x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might like the bold formula instead of the sheer one!x

      Delete
  5. I'm not crazy for matte lips either so these sound nice! I'm curious about the bold line x

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never try loreal lip balm before so I think I will buy it, such a great products!


    www.ismurfshion.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are lovely colours, great for on the go!!

    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I love keeping a lip balm in my bag!x

      Delete
  8. These sound perfect for Winter! I am a fan of the matte look in Winter, but to be realistic a more balmy texture would be better for me too as mines are already peeling. I love the look of As If, I'll have a look at what other shades they have in stock :) xx

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I never go for a matte finish I just feel like a balmy finish suits me so much more!xx

      Delete
  9. I am gonna try these out love the colors you picked out

    Life is just Rosie
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep, definitely picking these up at the weekend :)

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't tried these but I love sheer lip products and this seems like a really good price for Loreal!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think I've seen these here in Canada yet but I'll keep my eyes out for them. I agree that the packaging could be better.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah L'Oreal is usually much better for their packaging x

      Delete
  13. These are so pretty! I love products like this that are quick and easy to apply. It seems like a great hand bag staple. Great review - can't wait to give them a try!
    Holly x http://www.thechroniclesofholly.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know definitely going to keep one in my bag!x

      Delete
  14. Both these shades look gorgeous. x

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. The post is so great! I love it:)

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think they would be too sheer for me but I love the sound of them so I'll take a look at them next time I'm in Boots! xx

    Beautylymin| Kat Von D Contour Palette & brush Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had some shades in a bold formula you might like them!xx

      Delete
  17. I can see what you mean about the packaging of these but I love the shades especially for days where you don't want to wear anything too full on :) x

    Always, Alice

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ah the packaging can be forgiven as the products sound amazing! I love the sound of how moisturising they are, that's one of the main things I look for in lip products. Thanks for the fab reviews! :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too I'd pick a moisturising finish any day over matte!x

      Delete
  19. Great post! i LOVE the look of these products!

    Darriyan♡ | www.darriyancateland.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. These look gorgeous, and I'm always on the lookout for new lip balms so this is actually really helpful, thank you for sharing! The shades look gorgeous and I like how affordable these are. :) <3

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are so good if you're after a new lip balm!x

      Delete
  21. Oh wow, these sound really great (minus the packaging)

    http://claresloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've actually never seen these in shops before and I agree with what you mean about the packaging of them but they are so affordable that I cannot resist!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they're definitely worth picking up for the price!x

      Delete
  23. These look so cute omg!

    Lauren x | http://www.huggled.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I haven't seen these around here. I'm not sure I would pick these up as I like to wear full color x

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a bold range as well which you might prefer x

      Delete
  25. Have you tried the Clinique Chubby sticks? If so, how do these compare to those?

    Xoxo,
    www.fashionlingual.com

    ReplyDelete

© Lauren Ashleigh | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig