16 February 2016

My 21st Birthday

Hi everyone! It was my 21st birthday on Sunday and I'm actually quite sad to be writing this post because it means my birthday is over and that is such an awful thought, I get so sad every year when my birthday is over I don't know if anyone else feels like this too? Anyway I thought I would do a little post on how I spent the day and let you know what I got up to! I apologise for the picture quality by the way as most of these photos were taken on my phone, and there is also some very random photos that I thought I'd add in anyway.

I actually stayed at my boyfriend's house this year on the night before my birthday instead of waking up at home just because it would feel so much more like my birthday there with all his family to celebrate with, I was so ill on the Saturday night though, I went bowling with my boyfriend, my Mum, my sister, brother and brother-in-law and it was hard to enjoy it properly because I had the WORST migraine so it put a massive dampener on my birthday eve! I woke up there anyway and we had a really nice chill morning where his Mum cooked breakfast for us and I opened my presents. Since it was my 21st I just got money off everyone apart from my boyfriend who got me a few bits, including the prettiest Tiffany necklace which I didn't know I was getting, by far my favourite present! The whole morning was quite chilled really, I just went back home to see my Dad and my Nana and also popped by my Mum's house then I packed my case because I was going with Matty (my boyfriend) to a hotel in Durham called Ramside Hall. I've actually done a post on this hotel before because we go all the time, it's definitely our chilled happy place, it's such an amazing hotel and if you're in the North East I would definitely suggest you go!


We had a lovely room, they seriously have the nicest bathrooms, I need a stand alone bath when I get my own house they are my favourite things ever! We had a meal booked in their restaurant for 8pm so we just relaxed in the room for ages before I started getting ready.


I was absolutely obsessed with my cake, just wanted to add that in there! It's supposed to look like an ice cream sundae and it's only from Asda as well so I thought that was really good, plus it tastes amazing! I still have half of it left though so I think I'm going to be eating birthday cake for a while.



The hotel has such a nice restaurant called The Rib Room, it's a steak restaurant that does the nicest steak ever, I'd never normally choose to get a steak anywhere else apart from here.




I had the cheddar souffle to start with a chive cream sauce (probably my favourite starter I've ever had), then I had the fillet steak with a blue cheese glaze and hand cut chips and they brought me out a free cheesecake after with a little candle in because they knew it was my birthday which was so lovely! After that I just went back to the room and had a really nice bath and chilled out in the biggest comfiest bed ever, my favourite part of that hotel is definitely the steak and the comfy beds!

I still can't believe I'm 21, it's something you get so excited for and then you blink and it's over, I definitely don't feel like a proper adult yet though! However I did have a massive pick me up this morning when I managed to get Beyonce tickets when she comes to Sunderland on tour, honestly the most stressful situation ever trying to get tickets to something that high demand and I can't believe I actually managed to get them! It's nice to do a little update post like this, they're definitely fun to write, I hope you enjoyed reading it too!
SHARE:

25 comments

  1. Loved reading this post! Looks like you had a great 21st birthday, the hotel and food look amazing! And you look lovely too :) xo

    ohhelloitshannah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fab birthday to me, that hotel looks LUSH!!

    Robyn / Phases Of Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! I'm always on a downer after mine, it's the best day of the year!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I know it's so rubbish the day after!x

      Delete
  4. That hotel looks incredible! Hope you had an amazing Birthday!

    www.ohsobecky.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh the hotel and cake and steak looks incredible! Ever so jealous! I turned 21 last month too, so I know what you mean I can't believe I'm 21 either! Happy Birthday! x

    www.beckieeschle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy isn't it I can't believe I'm 21! Thank you!x

      Delete
  6. Awe! Happy Birthday! This looks so fun! And the cake looks delicious!

    Nati
    www.littlemissnati.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw I hope you had a lovely birthday girlie! That cake looks absolutely amazing, bet it was so tasty! Welcome to the best year of your life! <3

    The Dazzle Guide

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm drooling over your cake and steak! Sounds like a fabulous birthday! xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
  9. BELATED BIRTHDAY WISHES. You looked gorgeous matty is a very lucky lad! You had such an amazing birthday, especially with those beyonce tickets as well!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know I can't believe I managed to get hold of them, so excited!x

      Delete
  10. Happy belated birthday my fellow Aquarian, I just tuned 20 and we had such similar days out ♥

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you had a lovely 21st! That steak dinner looks so delicious - fillet steak is my all time fav! Congrats on getting beyonce tickets too - bet she'll be amazing live!

    hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did thank you! It's so nice isn't it, best type of steak by far, I know I actually can't wait!x

      Delete
  12. HAPPY 21st!! This looks like so much fun!!!

    smoresandpolaroids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Lauren Ashleigh | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig